- Job Type:
Located in Markham, we are a rapidly growing CPA firm that strive to provide a working environment which allows our clients and team members to maximize their business and professional potential. We have a wide range of clients in a variety of industries which will provide the team member with a variety of interesting assignments.
We strive to be at the leading edge of technology using only the latest versions of hardware and software. Our team members are rewarded on several levels for their hard work, determination and drive to excel. We feel it is the firm’s responsibility to provide our team members with the experiences necessary to give them the tools required to complete their career goals and aspirations.
The Senior Accountant will be part of the team in servicing our clients with the utmost care and consideration providing full range of assurance and accounting, tax and advisory services through our hands-on, personalized approach.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns in accordance with Firm standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises
- Leading teams on a variety of assurance engagements
- Auditing financial statements of business clients as a team member or audit senior
- Effective communication with our clients, government agencies and with our partners and staff
- Keeping partners, managers and other team members informed, on an ongoing basis, of progress and significant issues
- Providing advice and training to other staff members
As a successful candidate you possess:
- Completion of CPA Professional Designation
- Minimum 2-5 years experience in public accounting (including audit experience)
- Well organized with superior attention to detail / accuracy.
- Excellent ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Solid communication skills (both verbal & written) with an emphasis on customer service.
- Aptitude to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Technical experience and proficiency with common accounting software packages with an ability to trouble shoot and train clients on issues
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job # SENIOR.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those best suited to our current needs and qualifications will be contacted. No agencies please.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.